Reduction of early School leaving
1. How much money is available (ESF+national funding)?
- Over €284 million is available for the programmes and measures in the funding period 2014-2020.
2. What are the goals of this investment priority?
- Reduction of the number of young people leaving school and training prematurely
- Integration into training courses which follow on from compulsory schooling
3. Which measures are possible?
- Measures to promote a successful transition from school to training and subsequently into working life
- The development and realisation of pilot projects in the setting of compulsory schooling
- Promotion of language skills
- Measures to reduce absences and truancy in secondary schools:
- the establishment of school social work
- Programmes within the framework of the training guarantee: NEBA measures (Occupational Assistance Network)
Production schools (in the pilot phase: ‘Fit for Training’)
Vocational training assistance
Work assistance for young people
4. Which possible target groups are addressed?
- Young people with disabilities, impairments, disadvantages or learning difficulties
- Young people with migrant backgrounds and young people from sectors of society where less emphasis is placed on education, and who are at a greater risk of dropping out of school or training or not obtaining a school leaving certificate
5. Who realises the plans?
- Federal Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Health and Consumer Protection, Division IV/A/6, Sozialministeriumservice
- Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (BMBWF)
- The provincial government of Burgenland (Office for Women’s Affairs)